Biological, Chemical and Nuclear Threats
Find all articles and reports in this mission area:
- Biosecurity Implications for the Synthesis of Horsepox, an Orthopoxvirus. November 2017.
- Expert Views on Biological Threat Characterization for the U.S. Government: A Delphi Study. March 2017.
- Strengthening the US Medical Countermeasure Enterprise for Biological Threats. January 2017.
- Improving Biosurveillance Systems to Enable Situational Awareness During Public Health Emergencies. January 2017.
Events and Multimedia
Find all multimedia in this mission area:
- The FDA's Evolving Role in MCM Development. Dr. Luciana Borio, MD, FDA Assistant Commissioner for Counterterrorism Policy and Acting Deputy Chief Scientist, describes the administration's evolving role in developing medical countermeasures, including some FDA successes and remaining challenges. February 2014.
- The Center at 15: Our History in Biosecurity, Our Future in Health Security. Tom Inglesby, Anita Cicero, Center staff, and distinguished friends highlight our leadership biosecurity and our future in health security to mark the Center’s 15-year anniversary. May 2013.
Testimony or Briefings
Find all testimony and briefings in this mission area:
- Bioterrorism: Assessing the Threat. Dr. Inglesby describes the commonalities among bioterrorism and other major biological threats confronting the nation--antimicrobial resistance, new pandemics, the possibility of accidental release of an engineered contagious pathogen bioterrorism--to make the case for strengthening our ability to respond and not letting our guard down. February 2014.